Monday, August 18, 2008

Chapter 5

Its about 10 am and Jon has just gotten to NY, traffic was worse than usual this particular morning. Jon pulled into the usual parking garage he usually parks the car in at Soho.

I've got a couple of hours to spare I might as well go shopping for a gift for Dorothea. He would need one hell of a gift for what he was going to have tell her too. She never was big on expensive jewelry but he always bought it for her anyway. He was walking down the street and decided to go into Tiffanys and thats when he saw the perfect necklace for her. It was a silver heart shaped necklace with diamond all the way around, he couldn' t help but smile when he though about how beautiful it would look on her.

"Sir, would you like this gift wrapped?"

"Yeah, thanks" Jon replied.

After he paid for the necklace, he walked up the street to The Village. Jon had decided to go ahead and go in to get a table and have some more coffee before she got there. That was one thing he could never get enough of, he even joked in interviews that he had an IV full of coffee. Jon got a table near the back of the shop so he wouldn't be to noticeable especially since his wife wasn't the one that was joining him.

Why do I need to do this? It's not to late to just get up and walk away. His phone rang and it was her, the one he had came there to see

"Hey, I got us a table in the back"

"Ok, I'm coming through the front door now" she told him and hung up the phone.

A couple of seconds later there she was, the woman he hadn't seen in 23 yrs, she had long blonde hair, green eyes and was wearing a black dress. She was so beautiful he couldn't believe his eyes. As she walked back to the table Jon stood up and waited until she got seated, then he sat back down again. Jon just sat there staring at her not believing she was there in front of him.

"Kimberly, its been so long, I can't believe I'm actually here with you" he said in a nervous tone.

Trying not to sound like a stalker Kimberly replied "I know, I've been keeping up with you for the last years. I always wondered what happened to you"

Sitting there in complete silence they couldn't think of anything to say.

A voice came up from behind them "My name is Mike, Can I take your order now?"

Jon spoke up "Just two coffees please."

"Anything else" the waiter asked.

Jon looked over at Kimberly and she shook her head no.

"Very well, I'll have your coffees in just minute."

The two just sat there and looked at each other.

"You know what I do for a living, so what have you been doing all these years" Jon asked.

"Well I'm still trying to make partner in my law firm" she told him.

"So if I ever need a lawyer I know where to get one" he said as he laughed. But is was no laughing matter because when Dot found out about his past he was going to need one.

She laughed at his comment " Yeah I guess so."

After she said that Jon saw someone taking photos of him from the other side of the restauarant. Shit, what am I going to do now? I cant have photos of me and another woman out in the tabloids. Especially since Dorothea thinks I'm with Richie today.

He asked to excuse himself from the table and when the photographer saw him walking toward him he ran out the door.

Jon just stood there trying to figure out what to do....he walked back over to the table and sat down.

"Is everything ok" she had asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah its fine, I just thought I saw someone that I knew." he didnt want her to have to worry about the paparazzi following her out of here.

The couple sat around and talked for the next few hours, when Jon looked at his watch it was already 4 pm.

"It was really nice to see you today, do you think we could get together and talk some more" Kimberly asked.

"Sure, I would love to I just have a few things to work out at home. I have a wife and kids I need to explain this to, so just give me a few days." he told her hoping she would understand.

"Thats fine I guess, just give me a call when you get everything straightened out."

Jon left the money for the bill on the table and walked Kimberly outside to catch a cab. Jon hugged her and gave her a kiss before she got into the cab. When she was on her way, Jon walked back to the parking garage to pickup his car and go back home to NJ. The whole way home Jon was thinking about how he was going to break the news to his wife. The love of his life and the mother of his children....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
it's great you posted some more chapters. Now you really got me hooked.

I wonder what kind of news Jon has to tell Dot. Did Jon have an affair with that woman? What why tell Dot about it after such a long time??? Is there probably a child involved???

Please don't let me wait to long for the next chapters. ;-)
Andy

Anonymous said...

I'v been checking for update every week.
I need to know what Jon's secret is please????