Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chapter 1

Today was a day like any other day in the Bongiovi house with Jon out in the studio and Dot taking care of the kids. Jon had been spending more time than usual out in the studio writing new material, he hadn't been the same since he had a business trip a few weeks ago in NY. How am I going to tell Dot about this? Up until now he had the perfect marriage, they have had a few rough days but made them through. But after this nothing is ever going to be the same again.


The phone rang startling Jon, he looked down and saw it was Dot...."Hey honey"


"I know you are busy writing but could you come in and watch the boys, I need to take Stephanie out to get more clothes for school"


"What do you mean more clothes, we just took her shopping last week?" Jon asked while shaking his head.


"Well Jon she is a teenager now and the styles go out now before school even starts!"


"Oh yeah the teenage years, I can't believe my sweet baby girl is already a teenager. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll be in" he replied before he hung up the phone.


Dot could tell that there was something bothering Jon, but couldn't figure out what it was. Oh well, he is probably just having one of his bad days she thought to herself.


"MOM!" Stephanie yelled and just as she did she ran into Dot.


"Steph, I'm right here in the kitchen you don't need to yell"


"Oh sorry mom I thought were upstairs" Stephanie said.


"And you couldnt come up there and get me so you just screamed" she asked her while laughing.


"Mom when are we leaving I don't want to miss this sale!".


"I just called your dad and said he would be in here in a few minutes" said Dot.


"Oh ok, I'll be waiting in the living room then" Stephanie replied. Dot couldn't help but smile when she left the room because Stephanie reminded her some much of herself when she was that age.

While she was standing there Jon snuck in and grabbed her from behind and started kissing her neck. "You had better stop before my husband comes in" she said playfully slapping Jons arm.

"I love you baby. Promise me you will never leave me."

"Jon after 18 yrs of marriage and 4 kids I think you are stuck with me" she chuckled.

God, I hope so.

While still standing there in the kitchen with his arms around his wife, his daughter walked in. "Ewwww.........why don't the two of you get a room" she told her parents. Jon just smiled at her and shook his head. "Mom if you and dad are done doing what you are doing can we leave now? And can I have the keys so I can drive?" Stephanie said with a familiar smirk that her dad had.

"Steph, you are growing up way to fast for your old man and we have discussed the driving thing already." Jon said. Being a typical teenager Steph just rolled her eyes and agreed. She knew that this was the one thing she shouldn't argue about because she would never win. "You two ladies be careful and have fun shopping, I'm going to go watch tv with the boys."

Before they left Jon walked over to Dot and kissed her in a way that made her toes curl. "I really love you, have I told you that lately" Jon told her. She just smiled and nodded and walked away.

Dot and Stephanie hopped into the Navigator and went on there way to a girls day out to do some shopping.

While on the way there Dot kept thinking about what Jon said to her before he left. Why does he keep telling me that for? I know that he loves me but he's never really said it that much in one day. She knew that he had been really stressed for the past couple of weeks. Could it have something to do with the trip to NY. Dorothea don't overthink this, its probably nothing and you shouldn't even worry about it.

She pulled into the parking lot at the mall a few minutes later. "Was there any certain place you wanted to shop today?" Dot asked Stephanie.

"Doesn't matter as long as I get to shop!" she replied enthusiatically.

Back home in NJ Jon was hanging out with Jesse watching some old Giants games. Well at least trying to anyway, Romeo and Jake wanted all of his attention.

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" Romeo shouted as he ran over to Jon.

"Whats up little man" he said as he turned to the youngest of his children.

"Wanna play" he asked shyly.

Jon looked at those big blue eyes and couldn't resist so he followed Romeo to the corner of the room where Jake was at. There in the floor where transformers and matchbox cars lying around everywhere.

"Hey daddy, are you going to play transformers with us?" Jake asked him with eyes filled with excitement.

"Sure buddy" Jon sat down on the floor and picked picks up one of the transformers and just looks at it trying to figure out what to do with it.

"Here daddy I show you how it works" Romeo smiled as he reached for the toy. He took the toy from Jon and without even thinking made it a robot.

Jon looked at him in amazement because it was almost like Romeo didn't even think he just knew what to do. "Wow" Jon said "Thats pretty impressive little man, why don't you show daddy how you did that"

He sat down and showed Jon how to put it back together again.

"Hey guys", I'm going to go check on Jesse I'll be back in just a minute" he told them.

"OK daddy" the two younger ones said at the same time without even looking up. Jon just smiled at the two of them and went back over to see what Jesse was doing.

"Jesse, still enjoying the games?" Jon asked him.

"Yeah dad the Giants used to be pretty good" he said smiling because he new that would strike a nerve with his dad.

"You watch that mouth young man" he said with a mean look on his face, then turned it into a smile. His son was just like him when he was that age.

The phone rang snapping Jon out of the flashbacks of when he was younger.

"Hello" "

"Is this John Bongiovi" she asked.

Jon recognized the voice on the other end "Yes it is and I've been wondering if you were going to call" Jon stepped out of the room not wanting Jesse to hear the conversation. "How are you" he asked her.

"I'm fine, still kind of in shock though" she said.

"Yeah I know what you mean I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen either." Jon told her.

"Have you told your wife yet?" she asked.

"No....I" Jon replied as he heard his wife and daughter walk through the door. "Look I have to go but I will call you back in the next few days"

"Ok... I love you" she told him.

"Me too" he said as he closed the phone.

No comments: